These decorative and functional fan programs are perfect for outdoor weddings.
1. Printed and trimmed fan programs (visit our shop to see a variety of fan program template designs)
2. Fan sticks, 8-inch jumbo wavy wood sticks shown (purchase at craft stores or online)
3. Glue (use wrinkle free permanent paper glue stick, glue gun, etc.)
4. Quarter or half-inch rounded corner punch (purchase at craft stores or online)
5. Ribbons, lace, twine or silk flowers to embellish
We recommend printing your fan program on card stock paper. 65 lb or 80 lb card stock is thick enough since it's folded into two layers. You can print black and white designs on white or light to medium colored paper. Try printing on kraft paper for a rustic glam style. Designs with color should be printed on white paper for clarity of colors.
Scoring the fold line before trimming will make a cleaner fold. After trimming, fold and use optional corner punch to round corners. Or, skip this step and unfold to glue about 3-1/2 inches of the fan stick to one side of the fan. Then put more glue around the inside of the fan and other side of stick. Fold and lightly press to glue together. Placing a clean white sheet of paper on top of your fan before pressing will prevent smudges. Let dry and do not handle until completely dry. Glue guns dry faster than traditional glue. You can experiment with a few glue options as well as the amount to use before making in bulk to get best results .
After fans are completely dry, you can tie ribbons, lace, twine or silk flowers on your stick to embellish.